I love watching married couples do real life together. It is not easy to be married but when you battle through the challenges and stay committed great things can happen. Here’s Dave Ramsey‘s quote of the day:
“If 52% of marriages end in divorce, what can our children do to beat the odds. A recent study showed that marriages only have a 20% divorce rate when the following factors are present:
1. 6 month or longer engagement.
2. Detailed and in-depth pre-marriage counseling. Have agreement regarding $$, religion, children and crazy in-laws.
3. Both sets parents are still married.
4. Both graduate from college.
5. Marriage occurs after both are 22 yrs or older.
6. Combined avg. income of $50k or more. (As college grads it should be higher.)
7. Both attend regularly at a house of worship.
The lower your income, the more likely you are to “shack up” and not commit to marriage. But if you do live together prior to marriage, there’s an 88% likelihood that you will get a divorce.”